Kitchen cleaning is certainly one of the most difficult cleaning jobs around when it come to getting your house in Swiss Cottage clean, so it’s no wonder that many people rarely attempt it and keep putting it off to a later date. However, with your kitchen, the longer you leave it the dirtier it will get and the harder it will be to clean when you eventually get down to it. So don’t make the job any harder than it needs to be and instead, get it sorted out today. If you don’t have a clue where to start, or have never cleaned your kitchen before, get the ball rolling with our hints and tips and see what they could do for you.
• When cleaning your kitchen, or in fact any room in your house in Swiss Cottage, NW3, it’s important to be thorough in your approach. Don’t look for a quick fix, but instead be prepared for some hard graft and lots of scrubbing, especially when it comes down to cleaning your kitchen.
• Firstly remove all of your pots and pans and empty all of your cupboards, which will go a long way in making your kitchen look cleaner already. Take them to another room, making sure that they’re clean of course so that you can get to work in the kitchen, cleaning in a clutter free space.
• Start off by cleaning high and making your way down, that way any dirt that you remove will fall to the floor and ensure that you only have to clean each area once.
• Purchase a pack of sponges; don’t just use one sponge to clean the entire kitchen, as it will probably start to break off, causing you more work in the long run. Sponges also harbour all kind of bacteria and dirt, so throw them away the moment it starts to smell or discolour.
• Open up all kitchen appliances, including ovens, microwaves, extractor fans etc. and clean these areas first. Use a coarse scrubbing brush and plenty of warm water and soapy washing up liquid to clean any tough food stains and oil splatters. But remember to scrub hard, because kitchen stains that have been left for weeks and months are very difficult to remove.
• Kitchen work surfaces and chopping areas can be cleaned easily using the same technique. Scrub with warm soapy water and leave for about five minutes. Then rinse off and wipe down to leave your surfaces sparkling clean.
• Cleaning your dishwasher is pretty easy to do. Just make sure that you’ve picked out all the food bits that may be trapped inside, then use some vinegar and baking soda to give it the perfect finish.
• Once other areas of your kitchen have been cleaned, get the mop in hand and begin mopping up all of the mess. Again, the same technique can be applied, using some warm soapy water to mop all the floor surfaces, paying special attention to areas under food preparation surfaces. Once mopped up, clean your mop and mop again using warm water. Then either leave the water to evaporate or dry yourself. If you can, try to purchase an all in one mop, which can be found in the majority of cleaning shops and will ensure you complete the process in next to no time.
• If you’re short of time and the task of cleaning seems too much to handle, get in touch with a cleaning company in Swiss Cottage who will offer you a range of cleaning services and get their team of professional cleaners to take care of all the mucky kitchen cleaning jobs so that you don’t have to.