Your living room in Bromley, or communal area is the room that you end up doing almost anything in. Often we eat, entertain, carry out work tasks, watch your favourite movie and sometimes even take naps there. It is without a doubt the most used room in your home which is why it can sometime become the dirtiest. The dirt and grime that builds up however can sometimes go unnoticed until things get really bad. It can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to cleaning your favourite room. Here is a step by step guide to help get you started.
1. The basics of a good domestic clean is all about getting yourself ready and prepared. You will need to get tools together in order to tackle your living room in BR1. A bucket of warm soapy water and a sponge or cloth. A stiff brush or broom head. A sponge with a scrubbing surface, a good vacuum cleaner, or a mop depending on whether you have carpets or wood floors, a lint roller and a microfiber cloth.
2. Begin with your surfaces. When you do shelves, the top of the television and other areas, you are going to end up with a lot of dust floating around. That’s why it’s best to get these areas of your home in Bromley, BR2 done first so that you can vacuum or sweep up any fallen dust afterwards when you do the floors. Using your bucket of water and sponge, go over all the areas of your living room. Make sure you squeeze out the sponge well especially when working around electrical appliances to prevent any accidents. Always turn everything off at the plug when cleaning. The damp sponge will help pick up any dust rather than spread it around and you can then rinse it off in your bucket of water. Use your scrubber sponge if you encounter any stubborn areas. Don’t forget to get into all those forgotten areas such as the tops of doors, mirrors and around your skirting boards.
3. Tackling upholstery cleaning. Now is the time for any upholstery cleaning you might need to do. Wash curtains or any removable covers and throws, then leave them out to dry naturally. Sofa cleaning may involve a more deep clean and you may have to call in professional cleaners in BR1 if you find you are dealing with a lot of stains. If you just need a basic clean however then use your lint roller or stiff brush to remove any hairs or unwanted dirt.
4. Window cleaning. Window cleans are important and it’s a good idea to use a microfiber cloth so that you don’t leave any debris sticking to the glass. A good window cleaning product should do the trick and will really add light back into your room.
5. Floors and carpets. Always leave your carpet cleaning until last, use your brush or broom head to lift dirt before hoovering. You can sweep up anything lose on wood floors and then use a mop to finish. Make sure you don’t tread on your floor while it dries. You may need to get a carpet cleaner if your carpet in Bromley is particularity stained or needs a full revamp or contact cleaning contractors to get a quote.
Preserve your living room as the hang out you love by keeping it clean and fresh. A regular clean out is always useful and moving furniture around means you can get to all those areas underneath that are often missed. Sit back and enjoy your hard work.